IT Consultant, Internet Project Leader, Web standarts and MacOSX evangelist.
Extensive knowledge of the Internet: 14 years' experience
encompassing all aspects of web sites and other internet tools deployment.
Strong engineering background. Experienced in research and teaching.
Practical minded, with an innovative approach to problem-solving.
Able to handle a large volume of work. Good relationship with people.
- 05 / 09 - / -
Information Systems Manager at CEMS
- Project Management. CEMS is a Global Alliance in Management Education. In practice, the association manage information coming from 28 academic institutions, 57 corporate partners, thousands of Alumni and more than 800 new students a year. I have the responsibility of the full information systems : from the back office, to the complete revamping of the outmoded web site. This job implies interactions with the alliance various stakeholders, and prioritisation of the requests. On the production side, there is the management of a developer and dealing with various providers.
- 10 / 06 -05 /09
IT Consultant at Opsomai
- Expertise: NewMedia (Web2.0, Ajax, Prototype ...), Video archives management, MacOSX/Cocoa programming, panoramic imagery and media geolocation
Technical research. Proposition of an reasoned shortlist of web based solutions for the B2B and B2C video delivery platform of the French Broadcasting Institute (INA).
Selection of an open source ECM (Enterprise Content Management) platform for INA's intranet.
Project Manager and Ajax developer for Orao : a QuickTime based web video player that fully emulate a professional video tape recorder user interface (jog shuttle, frame by frame...).
- 06 / 01 - 08 / 06
IT Lecturer (New Media, Web, Computer Graphics, VR) at ANU
- Academic at the Australian
National University (ANU) in the eScience group of the Department
of Computer Science (in charge of the first Department's Masters)
Creation, management and teaching of courses : "NewMedia"
(Web2.0, Ajax, video & sound codecs), "Computer
Graphics" and "Networked
Management of Masters student's projects.
Research interests : panoramic
imagery and media
geolocation (GIS : Geographic Information System)
- 09 / 94 - 08 / 00
(Bry-sur-Marne, near Paris, France)
- Technical team leader for the portal "MediaPort"
and INA's web site (supervised
a staff of 4 technicians.)
INA is the French National Broadcasting Institute (government organisation).
Main activities are Video Archiving, Teaching, Research and Production
related to Broadcasting.
Launched the Internet and web activity within INA from the very
first web site in 94 to the intranet.
Participated actively in organising international conferences (Imagina,
Designed and implemented large web site production tools.
Strong vision in the selection of technologies used and developed
by the team (Apache, Perl, MySQL, QuickTime...).
Involved in internet training program for French broadcasters.
Lobbying to develop the Internet in France. Technological survey
Involved in various publications
04 - 08 / 94
Marne la Vallée
University web site
(Noisy-le-Grand, near Paris, France)
DEA Training course at the Computer Graphics
Research interest :
Scientific visualisation : How to represent abstract data in 3 dimensions
How to introduce the 3rd dimension to the Web : VRML
07 - 09 / 93
(Computer engineering and maintenance company, Paris)
Develop a Producer-Injector of messages with intent to
validate a software package.
Treated fields: Lexical and syntactic analysis (lex, yacc), Unix graphic
01 - 06 / 93
Michel de Swaen High School
(Dunkerque, North of France)
Teaching technology to grades eight and nine.
04 - 07 / 91
(R & D start-up in computing, Southern Paris)
Programming the module "skirting of obstacle" for an
Treated fields: algorithmic geometry, graphic
interface and dynamic management of the memory. C.
09 - 11 / 90
Laboratory - Australian National University
Computerization of a data acquisition: the plasma density distribution.
Treated fields: data acquisition card management, Object Oriented
- Ajax (HTML, XML, CSS, RSS), VRML, QTVR
Servers HTTP (Apache, Netscape), News, FTP
Indexation, Media Stream (QuickTime, MPEG)
TCP/IP, CGI, LDAP, MySQL, SMTP
Firefox, Blog, Safari, skype, wget
From vi to Dreamweaver
- UNIX (MacOSX, Sun, Silicon Graphics, NetBSD, Linux), Macintosh, DOS,
- Word, Excel, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, GoogleEarth, SkechUp, Xcode (IDE), TextMate, AutopanoPro...
- 05 - 06
Panberra : a new website on Panoramic images in Canberra
- 01 - ...
Father of two
- 01 - 03
- 98 - 99
- Every Friday evening, thousands (up to 30000 in summer)
of Parisians put on their rollers for a 3 hour ride trough Paris'
streets. I used to belong to the team of volunteers that help everything
to go off peacefully.
- 97 - 98
Ouverte (Open university)
- The open university is an association and a place where
volunteers teach French, mathematics, computing... to anybody and
especially people with low ressources (unemployed, immigrants...).
- 91 - 92
Military service period
- Professor (mathematics, physics...) within the Paris
- 88 - 91
- Member of the Student Council of my Engineering School
Person in charge of the Photo Club, School newspaper chief editor.
School club treasurer.
- 84 - 90
(Drôme, Tarn et Garonne, France)
- Swimming pool life guard and poolman. Holiday camp activity
- 93 - 94
D.E.A. Informatique Mathématique et Application.
- Filière Informatique Géométrique.
Diploma of Advanced Studies in Mathematics and Computer science. One-year postgraduate university degree required before doctoral
studies, equivalent to Master of Science in Maths and Computer Graphics
Computer graphics course
Ecole Normale Supérieure d'Ulm,
Paris 6, 7 and 11)
- 88 - 91
Diplôme d'Ingénieur de l'E.N.S.P.Ma / EGIM / Centrale Marseille.
3-year technical degree in physics engineering (optics,
electronics...), equivalent to a Master of Science in Physics (MSc)
or a Master of Engineering (MEng)
(École Nationale Supérieure
de Physique de Marseille is today known as Centrale Marseille)
- 86 - 88
Mathématiques Supérieures et Spéciales
P' au lycée Faidherbe.
- Intensive undergraduate physics and maths
studies to prepare competitive exams for admission to French "grandes
écoles" (ENSI : National School of Engineering equivalent to a Master of Science)
Baccalauréat C (maths and physics)
- French secondary school diploma
Teaching at Masters level in
Australia for 5 years, international worshops.
ACTIVITIES AND INTEREST
- Australia, Belgium, Benin, Holland, Morocco, Portugal, Singapour, UK, USA,...
- Panoramic Photography, Horse-riding (TREC), Rollerblading (Paris, Sydney), Paragliding,
Up to date CV on line, with active links, available at :